Thermal or Night Vision?
People often ask Thermal vs Digital (or Night Vision) ‘what’s the difference’
Here is a short summary of the key points; plus further down we have prepared 2 short videos comparing both the technologies and the 3 main scopes in our range
- Detection – they are very good at showing you where the animals are
- They are excellent culling tools
- Zero Light needed
- Resolution – even a 640 is not even close to the resolution of a digital
- Low Magnification
- Resolution – see the animal, colours, markings, fur blowing in the wind!
- Low and High Magnification
- Requires light
- Doesn’t make the animal pop out – you can of course see the eye shine
One of the downsides of Digital used to be the HUGE torches required to make them work – this is a thing of the past – PARD’s are effective 200-300m out of the box and they are tiny!